Domination of Eiler: Home The Declaration of Domination This Year's Fiction The Dominator
Domination Journals: Typical Blog 2003 First 2006 Latest 2007 .
A Week in the Domination of Eiler, 2007 - 2008
Other Weekly Logs: 2003 - 2005 2006 2007 - 2008 .
The Domination of Eiler has considered writing a web log, because for some reason unknown to the Domination, people read web logs. However, the regular operations of the Domination can be summed up in one simple web page, thus making an ongoing web log irrelevant (for the most part).
The Domination of Eiler has now established Core Territories in Lansing-Michigan. Domination operations in the new Core Territories are falling into a regular pattern as follows.
Awaken around 7:45 am. Listen to news broadcasts on AM radio, while watching news broadcasts on local TV.
After a cleansing ritual, deploy straight to work, on bicycle (1 mile, whoopee) if weather permits. The Domination Guard engineering force hires itself out as a mercenary for its new corporate patron, the Earth Domination Society.
- Exercises typically last 9 am to 6 pm, with a half-hour break for lunch.
- Many varieties of fast-food hamburger and fried chicken are available in the neighborhood. But given that choice, the Domination force usually prefers microwaved food, left over from decent restaurants if possible.
- The Earth Domination Society believes in distributed engineering. On this project, the allies are scattered from Tennessee to Oregon.
- Many of the corporate allies work from home. Or they take time off from work to pursue their other commitments. Which is ironic, because the Domination expeditionary force gave up its home and its other commitments to accept this job.
- The corporate allies love to send e-mail to the entire team why exactly they're taking off work, and how well it all works out for them. As a result, the Domination is now able to monitor people's children, doctor's appointments, and housing construction projects throughout the continent.
- Domination practice is to be less open about its absences from work. May sometimes (increasingly often) take 1.5 hours to go home for nap, but won't annouce it to the project-wide mailing list.
Long-term EilerBase has been established in South Lansing, in a series of chambers each referred to as the "Hibernaculum".
- Each Hibernaculum has been acceptably low in neighbor-traffic 90% of the time, within walking distance of dinner if need be, had enough amenities to be survivable, and left a much smaller environmental footprint than Al Gore's mansion does.
- Some effort has been spent on filtering out the most troublesome neighbors, though. At Hibernaculum #2, a junkie neighbor once asked where to buy drugs. The correct answer was, the neighbors at Hibernaculum #1. But after the most recent upgrade, the most obnoxious neighbors are the barking dogs.
- Hibernaculum #3 is finally Domination-grade. Indeed, it now constitutes a Great Hall of Eiler to which guests may be invited.
- For the most part, the electronic and online services at the Hibernaculum have been only those which fly through the air. Which is to say, radio, broadcast TV, cell phone, and wireless Internet which is not at its finest speed on the south side of a typical Michigan industrial town. When the possibility came for upgrade, the Dominator went back to cable TV so as to watch the Weather Channel, but the rest is just fine as is.
- Barring an upgrade, the workplace gives much better access to the Domination's e-mail than the Hibernaculum does. And since the work-allies feel free to send e-mail to the Domination network, it's only fair to check it at work. So, no e-mail at home on most nights.
- Like in the rest of Lansing, the radio stations available at the Hibernaculum are often sleep-inducing.
- The best nightly radio show in town is Alice Cooper's syndicated show, but this may be pre-empted at any time for sports.
- College radio sometimes does better, but they change the programming every night, and they take an hour every night for talk.
- Sometimes the AM oldies station wins. Major attraction: they have news every hour but aren't all talk. Drawback: they shut down at sunset, which can be as early as 5 pm.
Monday night is good for dining out, typically in the middle of a bike trip to East Lansing to a brewpub which provides a take-home beer ration for the week. On this and other nights out, work typically done on the Domination's real-blog or fiction-blog there, thanks to portable computing equipment.
After that, the chamber is good for reading a book, then 9 to 11 hours repose in bed. Sadly, the Dominator typically does not sleep through the night, but he makes up for that with extra time trying to.
Morning and midday deployment as for Monday.
Evening usually involves structured exercise. After work, a venue "Go Workout" has been found for structured aerobic exercise. It's so fancy, it has a TV on every treadmill. But Domination of Eiler practice is to go inside the aerobics room and watch the class leader instead.
And then, pretzels or microwave food, and maybe reading a book. More reading nowadays.
Morning and midday deployment as for Monday.
When fall comes, Wednesday will be choir practice. So, best get in the habit of not exercising on Wednesdays.
Besides, sometimes at the exercise venue, the best offering for structured exercise is a simulated bike ride. So when summer is here and the sun sets at 9 pm or after, will sometimes ride the bike anywhere in metro Lansing for dinner. However, may instead go home and do chores, because that's about the only free time.
Deployment as for Monday, usually including structured exercise.
Morning deployment as for Monday. Lunchtime used to be pizza with new coalition partners in the team bullpen, that being the local ritual. There, good gossip about the out-of-town workers was obtained. But largely the fellow workers skip the office every chance they get, so group dining is contraindicated.
Dinner is typically at the Hibernaculum, with laundry and extended evening cyber-activities following. When normal people come out to mob the restaurants, the Domination does its best to clear the way.
Morning of rest. Though increasingly, the Domination forces make it out for structured exercise, now available on Saturdays starting as late as noon. This may of course be preempted for a bike ride.
Afternoon is spent eating the Breakfast of Champions, which is to say, foodstuff and alcohol ration consumed on a barstool. When possible, this is combined with extending the boundaries of the Core Territories of Michigan by bicycle. Back at the Hibernaculum, naptime may follow.
Evening may involve supervising the waitstaff at any of several South Lansing providers, because this is what the Dominator likes to do while normal people go have a life.
- At least near the big mall, "Barley's" is the cheapest provider, "Texas" the fanciest, and "Hooters" the friendliest. But now that Domination forces are expanding the new Core Territories, it is known that cheaper options exist throughout South Lansing, and fancier in downtown Lansing. It's hard to get friendlier than "Hooters", though.
- Now that the Great Hall of Eiler has been established, the neighborhood pub Coscarelli's usually provides Saturday dinner.
Morning deployment for weekly Kingdom-of-Heaven obeisance. It took some time to choose the optimal location for these exercises.
- An Episcopal church was geographically ideal and ideologically workable, except its Sanctuary of Almighty God doubles as a playground for larval-humans.
- A Methodist church was also well-placed and had some advantages, but also some drawbacks. The pastor does not consider brevity to be a spiritual discipline, and this cuts seriously into Bible study after the service. Also, any 45-year-old Dominator who joins their choir or attends their Bible study, will easily be the youngest participant.
- Other interesting local options include more than one Church of the Nazarene. One of these is affiliated with a "Holiness Association". The Domination of Eiler finds that uncomfortable, as the Dominator tends more toward "Sinners Associations". As in, "God be merciful to me a sinner", as Jesus of Nazareth once taught his followers to say.
- The Salvation Army advertises its own regular worship services here! This received serious investigation. The Army and the Domination have actually worked together on numerous occasions, and have similar militaristic attitudes. However, the Army disagrees with the Domination on some matters of doctrine, particularly the daily alcohol ration.
- At least one modern-style non-denominational church is also available. Advantage: One can sometimes meet their parishioners in bars. Drawback: They put the words of their hymns up on a screen as a slideshow, but they expect visitors to know the tunes already, since most of these hymns are modern Christian pop songs. This is incredibly annoying to those Domination citizens who can actually read music and don't listen to pop songs.
- Other churches have been reviewed, including Presbyterian, Lutheran, Mennonite, Bible Baptist, and non-denominational in a junior high school. Each has advantages, but shortcomings also. (Main shortcoming of the in-school church was, it's 15 miles from Lansing.)
- An in-home church is also available - as discovered because they advertise on a sandwich board outside their house, and Domination bike forces ride past lots of houses! To be reviewed.
- The Domination's Bishop-Principal has often told Christian practitioners, history shows they don't need a church building.
- Still, the Domination Guard has a choral force which wants to join a choir, and it might be hard to do that there.
- ... Ultimately, the deciding factor was that they move their church every week to avoid detection. This is actually an ancient part of Christian tradition, but it doesn't work out very well if they want visitors.
- Taking all these things into consideration, the Judson Memorial Baptist Church has been chosen for long-term alliance. Too bad its choir goes out for the summer, but otherwise they do a full-service church year. And these Baptists are cool enough to rate the neighborhood pubs, because those are the finest dining in South Lansing.
Midday mess hall and alcohol ration at South-Lansing provider, typically any of several pizza places where two or three days of lunch rations are obtained. Work often done on the Domination's fiction-blog, though may also write e-mail.
Afternoon typically spent in cyber-Domination exercises including cyber-Kingdom-of-Heaven obeisance. Extended sleep time typically observed in evening, because another big week of Domination begins the next morning.