Every year in downtown Dallas , toward the end of July,
the Mary Kay cosmetic company holds a nationwide convention. It fills up a convention center plus several hotels.
The conventioneers can best be described using estimated percentages, based upon a total of women wearing
convention badges or other Mary Kay identifying marks in public.
Anecdotal evidence may also be obtained in many fine Dallas eating and drinking establishments.
This indicates that Mary Kay conventioneers largely:
- With a male: 10%
- With a male who also wore a badge: 5% or less
- Wearing a dress: 95% or more
- Wearing a blazer: 50%
- Red blazer: 25%
- Aquamarine blazer: 25%
- Wearing at least one award badge: 50%
- At least two: 30%
- At least three: 20%
- Fairly attractive: 25%
- Speaks with a Southern accent: 30%
- Heavily made up: 95% or more
- Sleeps in hotel room with a cartoon of "Red Hot Rhinos Charging for Cadillacs" on the door: 10%
- Looks similar to the "Red Hot Rhino" in the cartoon: 30%
- Do sleep four or more to a room.
- Mostly do not go to bars.
- When they do go to bars, they prefer complicated frozen drinks.
- Do not go to restaurants.
- Do bring their own food, in coolers.
- When they do go to restaurants, they bring their own teabags.